Wednesday 31 August 2011

settling into my new life

Since my last blog post I've continued to settle into my new life. It's funny. Life carries on as before, but I'm continually adjusting to what my life now is.

Funny, it's the small things - cooking for one, making do with what I have in the house, pleasing myself in the evenings, and weirdly, taking more effort to look after the house. The cat has joined me in bed now, which is nice, apart from when he wants to wake me up. Remembering my keys every time I leave the house is now a habit I have to form.

And yes, there are lows. Not as many as I thought there would be, but some nonetheless.

And bigger changes to come, with new jobs in the horizon, friends travelling....and I don't want to lose the whole feeling that my life has opened up and life is exciting. I've felt that I'm losing that a little this week, and there's a slippery slope I don't want to go down, so I need to find ways to turn that around.

It may just be that autumn is upon us. And we never even got a summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment