Saturday 30 April 2011

You know you're in your thirties when you spend the afternoon in the park with friends and no alcoholic drink is involved. That, and you're in the minority being childless.

I joke, it was a lovely day, and my friends children are adorable. I did say I was happy not to have any. I might have looked like I had two heads on at the point in time. Ah, I'm undecided, but I err on the side of really not now, and not in the near future, at this point in time. And I'm ok with that. I'm ok, because I have other things going on, other things that would make having a children a difficult and horrible experience for me, and I'm not really prepared to put myself through it. I am aware that sounds selfish, and yes, there is no good time to have a child, you're never ready. But I can safely say, now is by far not a good time, and it would be foolishness and naivety of me to think otherwise.

And also, I'm not actually broody. I'd rather have a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment